West Nile Virus - Complete Information
11/13/2018 - Optimized for Firefox 63.0.1
These web pages are generally arranged in Alphabetic Order,
by Subject, with an INDEX at the end of each web page.
Find your desired subject and double click on it.
Latest West Nile Virus NewsWest Nile Virus Detected in First Dead Bird of the Season - Sacramento, CA - May 13, 2016
Mosquitoes test positive for West Nile virus in Palm Springs - May 13, 2016
West Nile virus positive mosquitoes found in Sun Valley, Calif - 4/18/2016
- "The symptoms occur between five and 15 days after exposure and can include
fever, headache, body aches, nausea or a skin rash. They can last anywhere
from several days to a few months.
About one in 150 people infected with the virus will require hospitalization,
according to the district. Severe symptoms of the virus include a high fever,
muscle weakness, neck stiffness, coma, paralysis, and possibly death."
WEST NILE VIRUS Information and ResourcesThe CDC says: West Nile virus (carried by mosquitoes): Use repellents containing
DEET, picaridin, IR 3535 or oil of lemon eucalyptus and wear clothing treated with
"They" say at the end that there's no treatment for West Nile disease,
and there is. Antibiotics will work, but they must be taken for a much
longer time than usual." - so I've read.
West Nile is carried by Asian Tiger Mosquitoes. ??????
Crows, jays and magpies are very susceptible to West Nile.
If West Nile virus enters the brain, however, it can be life-threatening.
It may cause inflammation of the brain, called encephalitis, or inflammation
of the tissue that surrounds the brain and spinal cord, called meningitis.
A physical exam, health history and laboratory tests can diagnose it.
West Nile virus - Wikipedia
West Nile Virus - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - CDC
OVERVIEW - West Nile virus - Mayo Clinic
West Nile Virus Infection Symptoms and Treatment - Nov 20, 2015 - MedicineNet
- "Approximately half of the cases of neuroinvasive WNV cases have been reported from
six states (California, Texas, Colorado, Illinois, North Dakota, and Oklahoma).
Arizona also experienced several cases in 2015."
"get West Nile virus from bites of a mosquito (primarily the Culex pipiens mosquito)"
"The incubation period (the time from infection to the development of symptoms) is
five to 15 days."
Health Info - West Nile Virus Website
West Nile Virus - CDC
West Nile Virus - What You Need To Know - CDC
West Nile Virus: MedlinePlus
MOSQUITO BORNE VIRUSESChikungunya - Mosquito borne virus - CLICK HERE
DENGUE FEVERMosquitoes that carry Dengue Fever, Chikungunya,
Yellow Fever and Zika bite in the DAYTIME.
Eastern Equine Encephalitis (sleeping sickness)
St. Louis Encephalitis
BUGSREALLY Complete Insect Repellent & Insecticide Information
BUG BITES - Treating & Identifying
TICKS - Complete Information about Ticks
INSECT REPELLENTS, KILLERS, AFTER-BITE - Complete informationREALLY Complete Insect Repellent & Insecticide Information
BITES - Treating & Identifying
The condition generally lasts a week or more. Although uncomfortable, dengue fever
is not deadly. People with the condition should fully recover.
SUNGLASSES need to provide protection against BLUE RAYSBLUE RAYS (HEV) thought to cause 35% of ALL MACULAR DEGENERATION.
Complete Sunglasses Information - HEV, UV400, UVA, UVB & UVC
SUNSCREENSUNSCREEN - Complete Sunscreen Information, Toxicity, Ingredients, Products & Resources
Complete Tanning - sunburns, spray tans, spf clothing, heat exhaustion...
TICKS - Complete Information about Ticks
INDEX - WEST NILE VIRUS Jump Table
NEWS about West Nile Virus |
DENGUE Fever |
Eastern Equine Encephalitis (sleeping sickness) |
Japanese Encephalitis |
WEST NILE VIRUS INFORMATION |
ZIKA Virus |
- Acronyms / Glossary
- BITES - Treating & Identifying
- BLUE LIGHT (HEV) - may cause Macular Degeneration
Electrical Connections / Plug Types / Voltage |
- LYME Disease
- NEWS - Current Technical
- SUNSCREEN - Complete Sunscreen Information, Ingredients, Products & Resources
- TIME, TIME ZONE INFO
- TRAVEL INFORMATION - airlines, airports, rentals, discounts, fees, vaccinations
- TRAVEL INSURANCE
- Travel SUPPLIES
- Travel WARNINGS (US State Department)
- HEV = 400-500 nm (longer than UVA) - may cause Macular Degeneration
- UV400 (blocks UVA, UVB and UVC = 100 nm to 400 nm, but NOT HEC)
- WEATHER & TIME INFO
- I created these websites ONLY to provide free information to help other people
- I am NOT a business of any kind, and make NO money providing this information
- There is NOTHING for sale here - Feel free to link to any of my web pages
- NOT responsible for Errors, Omissions, out-of-date Data, or ANYTHING else.
- We NEVER get paid anything for endorsements of any kind
- David Woodsmall - Main Web page