Excerpted from: answers.microsoft.com
The solution to it is simple, and was posted on mydigitallife website ages ago (do a search for "mydigitallife net 1.1") - JasonFJ.
Otherwise here is a a copy/paste to install .Net 1.1 and SP1 into Vista or Win7 (32 or 64 bit) - JasonFJ.
- Create a new folder named DotNet in C:\ drive [ C:\DotNet is
used in this guide, you can change to any folder
you prefer, but ensure that you use correct path in the following steps].
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Redistributable Package (dotnetfx.exe ).
Make sure the setup file is saved as dotnetfx.exe -
IGNORE OTHER DOWNLOAD OFFERS.
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 (NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-X86.exe ).
Make sure that the file is renamed and saved as dotnetfxsp1.exe , so that the rest of the steps can be followed easily.
- Move both installation files into the same directory (i.e. C:\DotNet), if you’re not saving them together.
- Open command prompt as Administrator .
- Change to the directory where the two installation setup files for .NET 1.1 are saved (i.e. C:\DotNet).
- Run the following commands one by one, press Enter after each one.
NOT responsible for Errors, Omissions, out-of-date Data or ANYTHING
We created these websites ONLY to provide free information to help other people.
We are NOT a business of any kind, and make NO money on this information.
PrintMaster 18.1 and .NET Framework 1.1 IS THE LATEST WORKING VERSION I KNOW OF
PrintMaster 18.0 did NOT WORK, for me - under any version of .NET
We NEVER get paid anything for endorsements of any kind
David Woodsmall - Main Web page
- dotnetfx.exe /c:"msiexec.exe /a netfx.msi TARGETDIR=C:\DotNet"
- Then click on “Yes” when prompted to answer “would you like to install Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1. Package?”
- dotnetfxsp1.exe /Xp:C:\DotNet\netfxsp.msp
- msiexec.exe /a c:\DotNet\netfx.msi /p c:\DotNet\netfxsp.msp
- NOTE - THIS PROBABLY FAILS - FAILURE IS OK